Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Resolution

It's been a minute. I know. No need to chastise me. The blog, which I once frequented quite regularly, now has become a cyber ruin. My blog records an ancient history of who I was a month and a half ago, rather than who I am at the current time.
There are a number of reasons why this is. First, I have been so burned out by school that the very thought of writing a blog has been so burdensome to me, and I dreaded the thought of putting forth such an effort. Second, there has been a void of good stories in my life. This is in large part due to the fact that I have been studying, but also for the past month or so I haven’t done anything that is stupid. This provides a life that is quite easy, but it also provides a life that is pretty boring.
So now you may be wondering what my new year’s resolution may be. The answer is to live my life in a way that provides fodder for my blog. In other words I have decided to live my life as stupid and spontaneous of a fashion as possible.
Ever since I was accepted to Teach for America I have been thinking about my life. The likelihood of me getting married anytime soon decreased greatly when I signed a contract stating that I would live the next two years in the ghetto. As a result, I have decided to shift my life ambition from one of being a father and husband to one who will live a life of adventure, until finally I give up on the world of women, reject my faith, and join the Jesuit order.
And on a final note I have decided that I don’t care if I die. I just hope that it’s a cool way to go. I hope I get shived or shot in the ghetto next year. So help me if I die choking on a piece of pie; I will never be able to forgive myself.
Peace be unto to you,

Father Romney

No comments:

Post a Comment