Wednesday, August 3, 2011

66 we're hot chicks

Yesterday I had the privilege of receiving a Facebook invite from a group of girls whose apartment complex I used to live in. they were self titled Apt. 66 "we're hot chicks." (I have actually changed the name of the apartment to protect the names of the guilty). I quickly RSVP'd in the negative. Allow me to tell you why.
 When I arrived in Provo, Ut at that particular apartment complex the only thing that could be stated about the girls who lived in 66 was that they most certainly hot chicks. Never before had Provo ever witnessed such a combination of fly women living under one roof. Some were short, some were tall. One was tan. One was thin and tall. One had voluptuous curves All were blond haired blue eyed goddesses. When I first met these women they were the cats meow. Every guy in the ward had their hearts set on marrying one of the Hot chicks from sixty six. The worst thing about this was that all six members of apartment sixty six knew that they could have whomever they liked...
                And so they had all of us. and we got none of them.
It is interesting to think about those women at that time. My how they were so coveted. It is also interesting to think about the realization that I have come to after being casually associated with these women for an entire year. I would have to say that the progressive snapshots of these women have allowed me to come to a greater realization of what I want out of life and who I want out of life.
 It is also amazing to see what changes in a year. I saw a picture of the tan one on facebook the other day. She was still blond haired and blue eyed, but her skin had changed in the most negative of ways. It appears that coutless sessions with her best friend the tanning bed had changed her skin to the hide of cow. her skin has now been so leathered and worn by the cancerous glow incandescent lightbulbs that she is slightly repulsive.
  Earlier this week I walked behind what appeared to be a survivor of the battan death march. This thing in front of me looked more dead then alive. Her upper arms were now smaller than her lower arms. For all intensive purposes she was a skelton simply covered by a thin layer of skin. I realized that it was the skinny one.
  I ran into the voloptous one a couple of days ago. It appears that her course has taken a much larger and different coarse then that of the skinny one. Her once beautiful curves have vanished and in their stead are stretch marks.
  It is incredible to see how quickly things on the surface fade. It is incredible to think that within the course of a few months, over the span of one year, people can change so drastically in appearance. The hot chicks of sixty six are no more. they are breaking up. Living with one another did a number on all of them. they are moving out of the apartment complex that they were once queens over. I assure you all readers that they will be replaced by a new group of sixty sixers, just as beautiful as these women once were.
 The women of sixty six embody that which is wrong with our society, especially that of mormon society. They were once princesses and now they are paupers in every regard. I saw them again. Me and my friends did...
                 And we had all of them, and they got none of us.        

No comments:

Post a Comment